Most people think the process of getting orthodontic treatment can be extremely intimidating. However, this impression quickly changes as soon as they learn more about the Asheville clear aligner system.
In the past, the only way to achieve permanently aligned teeth is to have a smile that’s marred by a mouthful of metal brackets and wires. Thanks to the advances in modern orthodontics, misaligned, crooked, and crowded teeth can now be corrected using invisible clear aligners. If you want to have healthier teeth and a straighter smile, let’s talk more about this revolutionary orthodontic solution and how it can change your life.
A Closer Look at Clear Aligners
What Do They Look Like?
Primarily made of strong, transparent material, they’re simply slipped over the front of the teeth to control their movement.
How Do Clear Aligners Work?
Clear aligners use gradual force to guide your crooked or misaligned teeth into their proper positions but without the use of metal brackets and wires. The gentle pressure they put on your teeth is transferred through your roots to your jawbone. As your jawbone responds, it causes your teeth to make small movements at a time.
What Are the Benefits of Wearing Them?
- They’re Virtually Invisible. Since these appliances get the job done without the help of brackets and metal wires, they’re almost undetectable while you’re wearing them.
- You Can Eat Your Favorite Foods. Unlike traditional braces, clear aligners can be removed while you’re eating. This means you won’t have to adhere to certain dietary restrictions and you’re free to enjoy your favorite hard, chewy, or crunchy foods.
- Proper Dental Hygiene Will Be Easier To Maintain. Since clear aligners are removable, they make it easier for you to thoroughly clean your teeth and gums. While you can clean your aligners separately, they eliminate the need to carefully maneuver your toothbrush around those delicate brackets and wires.
- You’ll Steer Clear of the Common Pitfalls of Metal Braces While wires poking loose and broken brackets cause abrasion-type injuries to the inside of your cheeks, the brackets may also cause white spot lesions to appear on your teeth after years of wearing metal braces. Additionally, metal braces make it difficult for their wearers to floss effectively.
- Proper Dental Hygiene Will Be Easier To Maintain. Since clear aligners are removable, they make it easier for you to thoroughly clean your teeth and gums. While you can clean your aligners separately, they eliminate the need to carefully maneuver your toothbrush around those delicate brackets and wires.With clear aligners, you won’t have to worry about oral abrasion, the risk of discoloration, or flossing challenges.
- They May Reduce Treatment Time. When it comes to the duration of treatment time, clear aligners can potentially reduce it by half the average treatment time that traditional metal braces require. In most cases, alignment using clear aligners only takes up to 12 months while alignment using metal braces could take over two years. However, since every case is unique, it’s best to ask your dentist about the treatment time estimate based on your specific alignment problems.
- They Make It Easy for You to Know What to Expect. Since you’ll be required to undergo a fully computerized treatment schedule when you’re getting clear aligners, it’ll be easier for you to know what to expect from the treatment and how long it may take for you to achieve your best smile.
Learn More About the Asheville Clear Aligners System Today!
At Cataloochee Dental Group, our goal is to provide you with high-quality comprehensive and preventive dental care so that you can maintain optimal oral health. Contact us today to schedule your consultation.